Information that is gathered from visitors: In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username will be stored along with other data submitted by the visitor.
How the Information is used: The information is used to enhance the visitor's experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising. E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
Visitor Options: If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in email that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Finance Providers: Your personal information may be shared with third parties for the provision of financial services, if and to the extent that you choose to use such services.
- Personal Information:
a. The types of personal information that we may collect includes your name, contact information (including postal and residential address, telephone number and email address), relevant financial information.
b. Personal information about you is collected directly from you, such as when you meet with us, provide your information by document, telephone or by forwarding us an email, or submit information via an online form.
c. In some cases, personal information may be provided by an entity/person authorised by you to do so, such as your employees or a corporate or business entity with which you are involved either as a principal, member or beneficiary, for the purpose of providing services to or on your behalf. Your personal information may also be provided by a trade reference or credit reporting agency, for the purpose of us determining whether or not to grant you credit. We may also collect your personal information from other publicly available means (such as by obtaining governmental or semi-governmental searches) or through websites (such as Google or social media sites) who disclose to their users that the user’s personal information is provided to businesses such as ours.We may also collect personal information from you via related or associated entities or via unrelated entities to which you have provided your personal information. This includes but is not limited to unrelated third party entities which are licensed by us to sell or distribute our goods or services on our behalf or to engage with you and other individuals about our goods and services.
d. Collecting information on Registered members i. As part of registering with us (either online or in person in store), we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
e. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information by sending a request to the privacy officer details at the end of this policy
- Personal Information of Other People
a. You may elect to deal with us anonymously or via the use of a pseudonym. We will do our best to action any request or complaint that you supply to in this manner. However, without providing your identity, we may be limited in the action that we can take in relation to your enquiry. We may also be prevented from providing goods or services to you if you elect to deal with us anonymously or via the use of a pseudonym.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We collect your personal information in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our goods and services to you, including purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of those goods and services to you, or any purposes that you may reasonably expect, for any other purpose authorised by law or required to comply with our legal obligations, or for any other purposes disclosed to or authorised by you. We may provide your personal information to our related or associated entities or to unrelated entities which we deem are necessary for us to provide you with goods or services. This includes but is not limited to unrelated third party entities which are licensed by us to sell or distribute our goods or services on our behalf or to engage with you and other individuals about our goods and services.
- We will hold your personal information for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
- Except to the extent that this Policy details disclosure of your personal information and apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
a. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information collected by us, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information sent to us via electronic means nor can we guarantee that our data storage measures are absolutely secure. Our liability for data security of your personal information will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Notifiable Data Breaches
a. We take the security of your personal and sensitive information very seriously. However, sometimes a data breach can occur. (a) means a privacy breach that it is reasonable to believe has caused serious harm to an affected individual or individuals or is likely to do so (see section 113 for factors that must be considered by an agency when assessing whether a privacy breach is likely to cause serious harm); but (b) does not include a privacy breach if the personal information that is the subject of the breach is held by an agency who is an individual and the information is held solely for the purposes of, or in connection with, the individual’s personal or domestic affairs unauthorised access or disclosure of, personal information, or loss of If we have reasonable grounds to believe that an Eligible Data Breach has occurred, we will notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
- Collecting Information from Website Users a. IP Addresses i. Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
ii. This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site and for marketing purposes.
- Links to other websites
- Access to Information
a. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact our Privacy Officer to have the information corrected via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request access to your personal information by contacting the Privacy Officer. Except where some legal restrictions might apply you will be provided access to any personal information we have collected or hold about you. If we refuse to allow you access to your personal information held by us, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests to access to personal information as quickly as possible but may charge you a fee where access is provided.
- Transborder Data Flows
a. There may be occasions when personal information is transferred outside of Europe within our network, or such as where we engage a third party to provide goods or services or an element of the goods or services to you. Generally, this will occur in the provision of goods or services to you and the transfer of this information outside of Europe will have been disclosed to, and authorised by, you as part of our trading terms. When transferring personal information outside Europe within our network, we will comply with the requirements of the Act that relate to transborder data flows. Where the international transfer of personal information is to countries whose privacy laws may be considered not to provide the same level of protection as Europe, our commitment to safeguard your privacy will not change and remains subject to existing obligations and this Policy.
a. Should you have any complaints about the collection, use, storage or disclosure of your personal information please direct such complaint by email to our Privacy Officer on: email@example.com. We will treat any complaint about a breach of privacy legislation or any relevant registered code seriously, and will investigate any breach of which we become aware – including how it occurred and how best to prevent such a breach occurring again.
- Problems or questions
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
Vortex Leisure Pty Ltd
203A Waimea Road
ABN: 18 141 340 721